Saturday, May 22, 2010

To You, Mom

Well, this is my first every blog, not to mention my first ever attempt at a "published" critique of my own food, cooking, and the local restaurants of Clarksville, Tennessee and the vicinity. I was prompted to this venture by my sister who thought it would be interesting for me to publish my thoughts and creations. So here it goes.

Disclaimer:
I am in no way a professional food/restaurant critic.

What I have to offer from the standpoint of the culinary arts is a rich history of global travel which has given me a vast pallet and a love for diverse cuisines. My travels have taken me to France, England, Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, and other European countries whose cooking is so rich in depth and flavor that it makes one dizzy.

I was reared in French West Africa and most of my own creations will flow from the melange of African, European, Middle Eastern, and Indian foods. But, I believe that it is all grounded in Mom's home cookin' (and Granny's and Grandma's Arkansas country kitchens). We did not have all of the conveniences of the United States' grocery stores so Mom (and our house cooks) did everything from scratch. I learned from Mom. She is to be thanked for the hours of "slaving over a hot stove" in Sub-Saharan heat to bring our favorite childhood creations to the table.

So the rest of this is dedicated to you, Mom...


No comments:

Post a Comment