Friday, February 4, 2011

I tried something new this evening for supper. I had forgotten a dish that my Grandma was fond of making. My little sister called me the other day to see if I knew the recipe, but I had to call Grandpa to ask him if he remembered.

It's a simple dish that Grandma called Goulash. I don't think that it bore any similarities to Hungarian Goulash, at least what I made tonight didn't.

This dish is made by browning an onion, hamburger, adding a can of tomato sauce, and seasoned with salt and pepper.

While the meat is browning, boil some elbow noodles. Add the cooked (and obviously drained) noodles to the meat, add cheese, mix and stir.

I added my own flare and used Parmesan and Cheddar Jack cheese.

Maddie gave it a thumbs up, and Graham almost gagged on the first bite. I liked it. It tasted like Grandma's.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds a lot like my goulash! Only, I do a can of mild Ro-tel in lieu of the tomato sauce... and mix it all with mac n cheese. It's also good made with a can of diced tomatoes seasoned with Italian spices as a different taste. :)
    Gotta love easy and cheap dinners!

    ReplyDelete